Princess Peach Crown Tutorial!
Visit my facebook page at Manabizzle Creations for more tutorials/pictures!
- Scissors, ruler, pen/marker
- Craft foam
- Worbla (wonderflex would work too)
- Heat gun
- Acrylic paint (black, white, and gold)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- 60mm round acrylic gems (2 red and 2 blue)
Let's get started!
1. Gather materials
2. Draft a rough crown pattern on the foam and cut it out. I cut it into 4 pieces so it'll be easier to heat/reshape for the worbla. You can do it all in once piece if you are using a different material.
3. Roughly cut out pieces of worbla to cover the crown pieces.
4. Use a heat gun to heat up the worbla pieces and seal the foam between the worbla.
5. Connect the worbla-covered pieces together to shape a basic crown.
6. Roughly draw design details onto the basic crown.
7. Add the details with strips of worbla.
8. Spray paint the crown with a black base. *I usually prime the worbla with gesso, I ran out of time and did not do so for this piece, so the texture of the crown came out a little more rough.
9. Dab on a layer of gold paint with a dry brush and a tiny dab of water.
10. Trace the shadows with black paint, and high light with white paint.
11. Hot glue on the gems and we are done!
I put two little hooks on the bottom of the crown so it can be attached to hair/wigs with pins.
Bonus: Princes Kira!