Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wanton Soup!

I'm a bit under the weather (had to take today off), so here's some homemade wonton soup instead of a bento. I used vegetable wonton skins (that counts as eating veggies right?!), the fillings are marinaded tofu and bean sprouts. It's garnished with Shanghai bok choy and served with chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil and a little bit of rice vinegar.

A while back, I ordered some wonton soup from a Chinese restaurant in Atalanta. Much to my chagrin, the "wonton" didn't have any filling! No meat, not shrimp, no tofu, not even veggies...just folded dumpling skins (it wasn't even wonton skin) flapping in bland chicken broth! It was what my parents would call "losing Chinese people's face". 

Here's a picture of my freshly made wonton! They freeze very well, so I made a large batch and stocked up on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment