Friday, January 6, 2012

Magic Tip: Granulated Chicken Stock Instead of Salt!

A Wizard Did It:
Granulated chicken stock is basically chicken flavored MSG. It is a panacea to all of your lacked time, experience and patience; it makes everything you cook taste flavorful without excessive saltiness; and it might just be the best thing since Galadriel refused the One Ring. 

How to use:
Just like using salt, I add it to beef, chicken, fish, pretty much anything I cook. It can also be used to make soup, stew and maybe a very small granulated chicken stock castle. You can add this a lot more liberally than you can with salt but add in small doses and stir it around before tasting. Yes, I still add a pinch of salt sometimes but the stock brings out the flavor of the food itself rather than a distinct saltiness.

Where do I get this?
I generally use a Chinese brand (pictured above). I've tried the Knorr ones and found it salty and easily clumped into a solid like kitty litter with even the slightest moisture.They are easy to find in international food sections of grocery stores and plenty of online stores carry them as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment