Note: This is what happens to all the edges of things (cheese, bread, nori, ham, etc.) that I cut out during the week.
For this magical recipe, you will need:
4 small microwavable potato - mine were growing roots...
Leftover food - I had ham, nori, rice and sausages but anything will do, just make sure they are diced into small pieces
- Place clean taters in a bowl, sprinkle some water on top, cover with Saran wrap then zap it in the microwave for 6 min-ish. The potatoes should be mushy when you stick something (not your finger) through it.
- wait for the potatoes to cool
- Microwave the leftover bits for a minute (just to kill the germs) and places in a large ziplock bag
- Add the mushy (and cooled) potato and mix everything by kneading the contents through the ziplock back (which I hope you had sealed at this point.
- Place the wad of potato salad on a place and garnish with a spoonful of guacamole and a little bit of salsa.